Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Living Room

Yesterday was so long. I arrived at my first day of work on time however, the other girl who was supposed to train with me couldn't make it until 2. So, my manager put me to work since I was already there. I ended up being there until 6. I have a lot to learn. I never knew there were so many types of jeans. I'll be fine even though it'll be a challenge.

I was able to talk to Mike for the longest time I have in a while. We were able to talk about normal things rather than military things. Of course we would have the, "I miss you's" but I meant every single one of them.

I added a song to my playlist, by the way, which makes me cry every time I hear it. It's called, "Where'd You Go." The music video makes me cry too. The song is for anyone who is missing someone of feels alone. There is also a part where he says that, he waits by the phone and goes to work to pass the time but when that person calls he doesn't have much to say. It breaks my heart because that is exactly my problem. I don't let my phone leave my sight and I have so much on my mind but when he calls, I can't think of anything. I have to condense all of my thoughts into a few sentenses and pick which ones are the most important to talk about.

It's hard, it's really hard but I'm glad I was able to talk with Mike for a long time. I was able to get everything in.

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

Normal talk--that can be so comforting. Don't worry about not having anything to say--it's probably just enough for him to hear your voice.

Stacey said...

normal talk is nice. too bad we weren't on the phone though. We were talking through instant messaging. It's hard because there are times when I forget what his voice sounds like. Nevertheless I was happy to have a conversation with him.

<3

MightyMom said...

write all those things into nice long letters to send. (snail mail) they are pictures of where you're at right now. but savor those chats...as chats.

go look on you tube for

Welcome to Whereever You Are by Bon Jovi.

smile today.