Sunday, August 17, 2008

Jack and Sally

This weekend, Mike was able to call me from a friends phone. It was Friday night so all the men went out to party. Mike stayed in the barracks and I was surprised to hear a lot of laughter and rowdiness in the background. He's made friends with a lot of the guys, and as we were talking a truck pulled up with a friend of his slumped over, drunk. He had to get off the phone to help them out but everyone thought it was really funny. I even thought it was funny; it's great that the guys get some time off every weekend to just be themselves and relax.

I finally got Mikes address and I'm sending him his first letter tomorrow. It's so great that we get to talk on the phone and Facebook but to the both of us, letters are just more personal. They are more heartfelt and it's nice to see the others handwriting (mine is really sloppy..and his is in all caps, very military-like.) I'm going to wait until he leaves for the Sandbox to send him nice care packages. When I find out where to send things, I'll give the address to anyone who'd like to send a letter or a little something. Care packages will be my projects on the weekends (I'm making sure I get weekends off of work.)

By the way, I quit my new job... retail is not what I thought it was going to be and my hat goes off to anyone who works in that business. I just wasn't happy, and I'm young... I should be working at a place that I'll enjoy giving my time and energy to... and making more money!! Plus, the place that I am applying to is closer to my school. Now all I have to do is move up there!

I hope things start to change for the better. This weekend has been a little rough for me. Hearing Mikes voice last night made me cry. I feel bad for crying on the phone but before he left he said, "If you ever feel like crying, just cry, it's okay." I know we'll be okay. I just know it.

Also, I added another song called "I Miss You" by Blink 182. Music gets me through everything and is truely my best friend. Thanks for the support again. You guys are great!

2 comments:

Airborne dad said...

Stacey,

If you want to keep an eye on the storm, check out www.wunderground.com/tropical.

The projected path changes every six hours.

Hope you find a job you like

Stephanie D said...

LOVE the photo! Too funny!

And you're right--letters are so much more personal. There's something about handwriting that brings it home.