Friday, October 3, 2008

And He's Gone....

Just like that. Wow, I'm all sorts of confused. It was so weird having him around for a few days and now it feels like it was all a dream. I feel like his visit never even happened. Now, he's gone for 6 months. He will have his mid-tour leave in the Spring, and will be home for good, come next September.

We both became emotional, when we talked about the day we leave Florida. We will load up my car, say goodbye to our families and goodbye to this city. When we arrive in Charleston, South Carolina, I know I will begin to cry. I imagine myself saying, "I can't believe we did it, we're actually here." I can't wait for that day. This dream will remain in my mind until Mike finally comes home. I feel like my life is made up of day dreams now, they keep me sane, they keep me moving.

Mike wined and dined me the past few days. He brought me presents from TX and took me out to lunch and dinner. He also brought me flowers and a Get Well card (I've been really sick lately with Strep Throat). We had long talks about the future while we drank frappuccinos.

When he left today, we both cried. We knew we wouldn't be seeing each other for a very long time. He's flying back to TX then overseas in a few weeks. When he leaves, I'm going to be so scared. I know he's going to be completely safe, but I just want him to come home. Please, please keep my soldier safe.

1 comment:

TheRelationshipcompany.com said...

My pleasure to come across your blog and read it, keep posting.