Monday, September 8, 2008

Semper Fidelis

So, my brother is becoming a Marine. We went down to the recruiters office today and talked with Ssgt. Ashley. He was really cool and almost convinced me to join, ha ha.

Keith, my brother, is still in high school and needs parental consent. This is a challenge. My parents are very narrow minded about the military and want my brother to, "finish college and go in as an officer." Today, we found out that he will have a very hard time becoming an officer if he doesn't go in as enlisted. There are so many applicants and only so many slots available. It's all very selective. My brother wants to enlist into the Infantry while he attends college. His education will be paid 100% by the Marines.

I cannot stress how proud I am of my brother. He has wanted this his entire life and will soon have that opportunity. I really wish my parents would take a second and really listen to what Ssgt. Ashley has to say. My parents need to understand that enlisting is not a death sentence. Keith will be a great Marine, and Always Faithful.

No comments: