Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Fay Day

So, Hurricane Fay made landfall in Florida today. Actually, it's a tropical storm but I have yet to see any rain. Just clouds and a lot of wind. I must say it's a nice break from the scorching summer heat we are used to having.

Honestly, the summer storms we get everyday are way worse than than Fay. Our Florida skies become a dark shade of purple and brings along the lightening and thunder. I'm a little disappointed. The Weather Channel gives us all this hype about a hurricane, and once again, my city sees nothing. I hope I'm not jinxing myself for the next storm that rolls through. Oh well, it's only morning, the forcast calls for some heavy rain later in the afternoon. Most people around here don't even wake up unless it's a catagory 3.

These are just my opinions, I am still anticipating some rain and I am a little worried about the possible threat of tornadoes toward the afternoon. I hope whoever is getting hit hard right now on the east coast is staying safe. Bring some of those storms over here!!

No comments: