Thursday, August 7, 2008

Come On Home

I just want to take a minute to thank the people who have been supporting me and praying for me. It's very hard being not having anyone in person to support me. No one really gets it here.

My brother wants to become a Marine after he graduates HS this year. My parents are flipping out. They blame Mike for my brothers decision; actually, they try to blame Mike for every problem my family has. As if he needs more pressure on his shoulders. It's okay though, Mike knows he has more important things to worry about and in my opinon, I'm very proud of my brothers decision. He's wanted to be a Marine his whole life, it's really not a new development.

Mike was able to call me last night from a friends phone. I wasn't sure I'd be hearing from him for a while but I'm so happy he called. He told me where his unit is going to be training for a month and then in October they are heading overseas. It makes me feel better that he'll be stateside, but once I get the phone call from him, telling me he's heading out, I don't know what I'm going to do. He's not in any danger here, but when leaves to go across the world.. panic is going to set in. If I'm worried about him right now, I can't even imagine how worried I'll be when he's in the land of sand. This is all so scary. I can't lose him.

...... I need some Starbucks.

2 comments:

MightyMom said...

keep your head up. God will see you through.

Airborne dad said...

One day at a time. One day at a time.