Friday, November 7, 2008

Death before Dishonor

So, I'm sitting here, worried. Mike told me 2 days ago that he would be heading into Iraq by helicopter. I haven't heard from him in what seems like forever. I know it's only been two days since he's called but, I'm worried.

It's different now that he is actually overseas. I no longer count on a text message in the morning. I'm trying to get used to not talking to him. I've been trying to keep busy but subconsciously I'm really worried.

I'm trying to stay positive but there are a lot of things hindering me from feeling okay. I just want to be happy. I just want Mike to come home.

3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

This must be really hard for you, but stay strong for Mike so he doesn't worry about you. He'll get in touch with you when he can; you know he will. His focus is going to be just a bit different for now, but he still needs you as much as ever.

Stephanie D said...

Is Mike still okay? It's been almost 3 months since you've posted anything.

Mayhem At The McNeils said...

hi. i just found your page from Infantry Dad. my hubby of 7 years has been in iraq on his second tour since october so i totally get where your coming from. if u ever wanna chat my email is: mcneilfmly@yahoo.com or come on by my blog!!! hang in there and dont worry....you will learn really quick that no news is good news!
take it easy
~jen